This summer we will be attending Camp Rainey Mountain in the North Georgia Mountains on June 12th – June 18th, 2016.
Information regarding the merit badges and other programs offered by Camp Rainey Mountain at the Summer Camp 2016 can be found in the documents below.
Please email the Summer Camp coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions and what programs and merit badges you want to take.
The cost to attend summer camp has yet to be finalized, but should be around $300 per scout. The fee will be finalized at the next committee meeting and I will update everyone with another email.
Payments will be divided up over three due dates:
- 1st Payment Due 2/29 – $100
- 2nd Payment Due 3/21 – $100
- Final Payment Due 5/23 – Remaining Balance + scout specific program fees
Note: Payments and/or merit badge forms will be collected at 6:30pm at the Scout Hut on the following nights: 2/1, 2/8, 2/22 (PLC), 2/29, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 5/9, and 5/23.
Important Merit Badge Information
Because of the size of our troop, we have just been given a special opportunity to register for merit badges and programs. However, this special opportunity expires quickly. For the best chance to get the merit badge classes and program you want, this is what is need.
Review the CRM_Program documents (part1, part2) and finalize your merit badge and other program schedules. Fill out the CRM 2016 Scout Registration Form and return to Rupak Ganguly in person or send via email (email@example.com) no later than 2/29.
The following merit badge classes fill up the fastest:
All program selections must be made by 3/2. For the best opportunity to get the classes you want, turn in your selections no later than 2/29. Please remember that there is no guarantee you will receive your first choice selections. Be sure to include second and third choice selections on your forms.
- 2/1 Collecting merit badge forms and early payment #1
- 2/8 Collecting merit badge forms and early payment #1
- 2/15 No meeting
- 2/22 PLC instead of troop meeting
- 2/29 1st payment is due and collecting merit badge forms for early registration. This is your best chance at getting the merit badges you want so get to work picking your merit badges.
- 3/7 Collecting early payment #2
- 3/14 Collecting early payment #2
- 3/21 2nd payment is due
- 3/28 PLC instead of troop meeting
- 4/4 No meeting
- 4/11 Collecting early payment #3
- 4/18 Collecting early payment #3
- 4/25 PLC instead of troop meeting
- 5/9 Collecting early payment #3
- 5/23 3rd and final payment is due
- 6/12 We’re Camping!
More information to help you choose the right course:
- Trail Head TNT is for brand new Scouts. This course is offered as a half-day session (Periods 1-3). Scouts will work on skills and requirements for Tenderfoot, Second Class and First Class Ranks. All new Webelos crossing over to the troop is expected to take Trail Head TNT.
- Foot Path TNT is for Scouts who have begun advancement but still have work to do, this course is offered as a 110-minute session (Period 4-5). Scouts will work on skills and requirements for Second Class and First Class Ranks.
- Trail Blazer TNT is for Scouts who are well underway in advancement. This course is offered in a 50-minute session (Period 4). Scouts will work on skills and requirements for First Class Rank.
Scouts can take up to six periods, but it is recommend limiting to four.
Documents and other information:
- BSA Medical Form part A, B and C
- CRM 2016 Scout Registration Form
- Camp Rainey Mtn Camp Map
- Camp Rainey Mtn Camp Schedule
- Camp Rainey Mtn Leaders Guide, part 1
- Camp Rainey Mtn Leaders Guide, part 2
- Course Schedule Grid
- Bartrum Surprise
- BSA ATV Progam
- Welding Merit Badge